Here are some quick links to some of the important financial institutions in the UK.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Abbey National
- Alliance & Leicester
- Allied Irish Bank (GB)
- Bank of England
- Bank of Scotland
- British Banking Association
- Building Societies Association
- Cheltenham & Gloucester
- First Direct
- IF - Intelligent Finance
- National Westminster
- Nationwide Building Society
- Northern Rock
- Norwich & Peterborough Netmaster
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Virgin one account
- Citizens Advice
- Consumer Credit Counselling Service
- The Insolvency Service
- National Debtline
- Debt Management from Directgov
- Financial Services Authority
- Bank of England
- Finance Directory
- International Monetary Fund
- World Bank
- Dept. for Work & Pensions
- Pensions at Work
- Pension Calculator
- Pensions Ombudsman
- Pension Protection Fund
- Stakeholder Pensions
- TPAS - The Pensions Advisory Service
- The Pensions Regulator
- The Pension Service
Small Business Advice
- British Chambers of Commerce
- British Retail Consortium
- Home Business Alliance
- Business in the community
- Business rates resource
- SME envoy
- Small Business Journey
- Forum of Private Business
- Business Gateway
- Invest Northern Ireland
- Technology Means Business
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Better Payment Practice Group
- British Franchise Association
- Business Eye - Wales business resource
Sarah Beer-Vallance jumps out of a plane 3 miles up to raise funds for Dorset County Hospital after receiving fantastic care from the Breast Cancer team...
The Chancellor's 2019 Spring Statement gave the government the opportunity to consider the longer-term fiscal challenges ahead of Brexit, and initiate consultations on how these can be addressed. Following this, we have put together a PDF which provides an overview of the updated forecasts for the UK economy and public finances, which we trust you will find useful....
HMRC have a major computer glitch with regard to 2018/19 Payments on Account. For some, but not all, taxpayers the January 2019 Payment on Account is not showing on HMRC’s record, despite it clearly being due, according to the 2017/18 Tax Return that was submitted by 31st January 2019....
HMRC has advised us that it will shortly start issuing letters to 200,000 businesses that are currently eligible to join the MTD VAT pilot....
Analysts have been predicting the arrival of the paperless office for more than two decades, yet more paper is produced every year. It doesn't have to be this way. In almost all areas of business, it's now possible to get rid of paper entirely....
Making Tax Digital is HMRC’s plan to bring UK tax into the digital age. In a nutshell, nearly every UK business will be affected....
HMRC’s ambition is to become one of the most digitally advanced tax administrations in the world, modernising the tax system to make it more effective, more efficient and easier for customers to comply....