Data Protection Policy
This is a statement of the data protection policy adopted by Kennedy Legg Limited.
We may obtain, use, process and disclose personal data about you in order that we may discharge the services agreed under the engagement letter, and for other related purposes including updating and enhancing client records, analysis for management purposes and statutory returns, crime prevention and legal and regulatory compliance. We confirm that when processing data on your behalf we will comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. You also confirm that any personal data you provide to us complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is Paul Wellspring.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, all organisations which handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information.
We believe that the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operation, and to maintaining our clients' confidence in us. We recognise that, to maintain our reputation and integrity as an open and professional organisation, we must be fully compliant with this legislation.
Therefore we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and will:
• fully observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information
• meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we use personal information
• only collect and process the personal information needed to carry out our business or to comply with any legal requirements
• ensure that the personal information we use is as accurate as possible
• ensure that we don't hold personal information any longer than is necessary
• ensure that people know about their rights to see the personal information we hold about them
• take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information; and
• ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
In addition, we will ensure that:
• there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation, Kennedy Legg Data Protection Officer (telephone +44 (0) 1305 264 573; email enquiries @kennedylegg.co.uk
• we regularly review and audit how we handle personal information
• the ways we handle personal information are clearly described
• everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good practice
• everyone handling personal information is appropriately trained and properly supervised
• we regularly assess the performance of people who handle personal information
• anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do; and
• queries about handling personal information are deal with promptly and courteously
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so please write to Kennedy Legg Stafford House 10 Prince of Wales Road Dorchester DT1 1PW. We charge a £10 fee for this service.
You can get a written copy of this policy from Kennedy Legg Data Protection Officer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone on +44 (0)1305 264 573, or in writing at the address above.
• Updated June 2017
• Next review August 2018